A LITTLE BIT OF FAITH GOES A LONG WAY
I have wanted to clarify these this first item for a while. And last week a good friend of mind asked me if I believe in different stages in Divine Healing. That will be point 2. So, I am going to teach and clarify at the same time
1. Do you have to have the Baptism in the Holy Spirit to see Divine Healing and other things happen in your life?
Answer is: No
· But why wouldn’t you-It will take longer and require more effort on your part.
· The Baptism in the Holy Spirit gives you additional power/a protected line directly to God/it builds you up/refreshes and rests you. (Sounds awesome to me)
· Every Christian is supposed to receive it. You won’t be able to flow in the gifts of the Spirit: like the Word of Knowledge, etc. I don’t think that is possible without the Baptism
· But other things like evangelism and divine healing I believe can take place without it.
· It’s more a question of why you wouldn’t want it; then do you have to have it.
2. Are people healed at different levels of faith?
Yes-I believe there are three.
I have taught on these before. They were some of my first teachings.
a. Beginning Faith-requires just a little bit of faith
· Example: Man, who saw men walking as trees
· Jesus had to give him two doses to help him break through his unbelief and to get it to manifest totally.
· Jesus had to hold his hand and walk him through it. He had to do most of it with the man cooperating by faith.
b. Intermediate Faith-Right in the middle faith
· Example: Man, with the epileptic son
(I believe help thou my unbelief)
· He came and asked Jesus for some extra help to tip the scales in his favor-in order to receive
· And Jesus did, and his son was healed.
c. Mature Faith-
Example: Woman with the issue of Blood
· She was completed determined and knew if she could touch Jesus she would be healed, and she did, and she was!
3. In today’s world let me use this as an Example:
· If you are 100% convinced in your heart you can be healed off your own faith by yourself (you can go directly to Jesus by standing on the promises)
· If you are 50/50 you are gonna need another person who is stronger to help push you over the top.
· If you are a beginner and not very strong yet; you are going to need another person who is strong and can do most of the believing for you. You must cooperate (lets call them this 10/90 %)
4. A little bit of faith goes a long way
· All you need is a mustard seed to move a mountain
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Romans 12:3 (KJV)
God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith
(Most versions use an instead of the-KJV got it right)
· Get the doubt out
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 12:2 (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
*****I do believe this that if we can get your car into neutral I can push you over the victory line. (In other words if you believe when I pray for you that you will be healed; because I am stronger and more experience in this-YOU WILL BE HEALEED-PERIOD.
So, you don’t have to do it by yourself and because of that-A little bit of faith goes a long way
· Example from Scripture:
Mark 1:40-41 (ESV)
40 And a leper came to him, imploring him, and kneeling said to him, “If you will, you can make me clean.”
41 Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him and said to him, “I will; be clean.”
· He knew Jesus could make him well. The only thing he wasn’t sure about was would he because he wondered if he was cursed by God with this horrible disease. He had to have one barrier removed as many do. This was not a case of could he but would he. It shows that Jesus doesn’t hold our past against us.
So, if a person is sick is it because of sin. We live in a fallen world that is full of sickness. Sometimes it is just that and yes sometimes we cause sickness ourselves. I believe you should ask God to forgive you and repent. An example of that would be if you gave yourself lung cancer by smoking.
If you are under condemnation take heart from these Scriptures. God has you covered either way: whether your sickness is from sin or from just living in a fallen world.
HE WANTS TO HEAL YOU !!!!!
1 John 1:9 (ESV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
John 9:1-3 (ESV)
1 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
(Jesus was moved with compassion- and showed that he was willing to heal anyone who reached out to him whether they had sinned or believed they were unworthy)
Always remember this we are not healed because we deserve it but because it is a gift that Jesus purchased with his stripes. (You can never be too bad not to receive the gift or too good that you deserved the gift)