AFTER YOU PRAY FOR REVIVAL-THEN WHAT DO YOU DO?-MAKING REVIVAL HAPPEN- PART 2-PRAYING FOR REVIVAL-
FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS AND REPENTING OF YOUR SINS
2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV)
14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
This verse talks about the first two things that we all as believers agree on (Pray-humble yourself and Repent-which means to turn away from sin)
Let me make this point clear. When we are talking about Praying for ourselves and others to be revived or repenting of our own sins (either of these can come first or they can happen at the same time)
· WE SHOULD ALWAYS PRAY THAT GOD WILL SOFTEN THE HEARTS OF THOSE AROUND US AND THOSE AROUND OUR NATION AND THE WORLD.
· DO REMEMBER THIS: GOD ISN’T HOLDING BACK REVIVIAL-HARDENED HEARTS ARE. PRAYER SOFTENS THE HEARTS AND THEN THAT PERSON OR AREA CAN RECEIVE THE TRUTH OR REJECT IT.
· So, remember this: Don’t ever forget to pray for Revival for your: self/church/city/your country and around the world.
· Remember this, don’t make the mistake of thinking that your ability from God to heal the sick and raise the dead is tied to what others do.
· People are always waiting for God to do something in the future; not realizing he has provided all of this in the past (The Stripes-Healing/The Cross-Salvation/His Poverty-Riches/(Pentecost) Baptism of the Holy Spirit with Speaking in Tongues (Power/Boldness/etc.)
You need to deny self and commit it all to Jesus. The vessel does need cleaning too (to be used properly) (God always breaks a man or a woman before he uses them)
-Old/New Testament=II Chronicles 7:14 (DIFFERENCE IS OLD TESTAMENT=WAIT FOR GOD TO DO SOMETHING) (NEW TESTAMENT HE WAITS FOR US TO DO SOMETHING-GO AND TEACH AND PREACH AND HEAL THE SICK
Folk, that is huge-difference between having God do something now or just waiting and waiting and waiting. I am not saying it never happens the second way; but let’s be honest it’s rare; it usually confined to a certain area and it usually doesn’t last long
Revelation 3 is a description of Luke-warm church. This is thought by many to be the church of today. That is my belief too.
14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!
16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.
17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.
19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”
God hates Luke-warmness. wants us to be Red Hot-On fire for him. Folk’s, I have been on both sides of the fence and this is where the joy and intimacy and fulfillment of know him is. This is also where the Power is to Heal the sick; raise the dead; and cleanse the leper. There is no comparison.
If you If you need to commit yourself to Praying sincerely and regularly for Revival-for God to soften the hearts for church; city; country; and world; now is the time
If you haven’t been doing this; you need to. I believe this is an essential part of God’s Revival Plan
Pray with me if you are ready to make this commitment:
Repeat after me from your heart:
Lord, Please forgive me for not doing this before,
First, I pray Lord and ask you to revive my own heart
I commit myself to praying for (church; city; country; and world; from this day forth)
In Jesus name, Amen
If you want to Repent of your Sins and Make yourself available to God Would you pray this from your heart now if you mean it.
Pray after me
· Lord, Forgive me of all my sinful ways
· Forgive me for being self-centered and not God-centered on you
· Lord, I repent (I turn always for my sins) and towards you
· Now Lord with my whole heart I make myself available to you. Please help me to get to know you intimately and use my life to glorify your name