BATTLE OF THE SONGS-Alone Again Naturally vs. You are not Alone
Alone again (Naturally) vs. You are not alone
(Gilbert O Sullivan vs. Michael Jackson)
Does God dessert us? Or Is he there all the time
Alone Again (Naturally)
by Gilbert O'Sullivan
(Song about a groom who was stood up on this wedding day)
To think that only yesterday
I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to who wouldn't do
The role I was about to play
But as if to knock me down
Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt
Talk about, God in His mercy
Oh, if he really does exist
Why did he desert me
In my hour of need
I truly am indeed
Alone again, naturally
You Are Not Alone
by Michael Jackson
(This is a love song but if you apply these words in Spiritual way they are powerful)
Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
· So, who is right?
· Does God dessert us in our time of need or is he there with us?
· First, we must realize that we live in a fallen world and there are self-centered people and some that are just full of evil
· Then we must also realize that each of us has a free will
· So, if someone dumps you it is God doing it; it’s them exercising their free will
· If we call on God to know him/to help us/to comfort us: he will do that.
· Now in some situations the answer is different than expected; but God’s way is always good
· Someone might say well I prayed for healing and I’m still not healed. That’s why God called me to help teach people how to receive Divine Healing. It isn’t that God doesn’t want to heal you; there is something you are doing that is hindering it.
· So, who is right. You know Gilbert O’ Sullivan had the number 1 song of the year in 1972. I loved this song but now when I listened to the lyrics. Now I realize this is the theme song of unbelievers/religious people/and people who are angry and bitter and blamed God for their problems.
· Michael Jackson’s song from the mid 1990’s in a spiritual context is powerful
· Jesus said in Hebrews 13:5 (ESV)
“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
· If you ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior and then really try through understanding his Word and speeding time with him in prayer you will realize his is your best friend not your worst enemy
· I can attest to that
· Remember your attitude and approach to God determines if you will be Alone Again Naturally or You are not alone.
· Guess what I am not alone; I feel his presence and pleasure every day now and so can you. Reach out to him. Make him your Lord and Savior and your best friend.
You won’t regret it!