CALLING ALL THOSE WHO FEEL LIKE FAILURES AND WANT A SECOND CHANCE-100a
· My God is the God of a second chance.
· He took a woman who committed adultery and made her the Virtuous Woman of Proverbs 31-I talking Bathsheba
· He took a wimpy fisherman who bailed out on him when he needed him most and made him a powerhouse and the Inaugural Sermon on the Day of Pentecost.
· ARE YOU LIVING THE DREAM?-If you are not in the Center of God’s will-you are not!
· No Matter what kind of hand life has dealt you: God can trump it and make something awesome out of
· GOD CAN USE YOU EVEN IF YOU HAVE BLOWN IT!
· Remember David would committed adultery and murder and yet God called him a man after his own heart. He gave him a second change-just as he will give you one.
· Remember Popeye the Sailor Man?
· That’s all I can stands and I can’t stands no more
· Remember the Woman with the Issue of Blood)
· I am not putting up with this any more
· I am not going to be sick the rest of my life
· I am not gonna be one of those who says Jesus is in the healing business but every time I try to call him I get a busy signal. Are You?
1. How bad do you want it???
Acts 17:10-11 (ESV)
10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
"Who were these Bereans in the Bible?"
(This information I got from Gotquestions.org)
The Bereans were residents of the city of Berea in Macedonia. Paul and Silas preached to them during Paul’s second missionary journey. These Bereans exhibited several positive characteristics that marked their response to the gospel message.
First and foremost, the Bereans were “more noble” because of their willing reception of the Word of God. Unlike the unbelieving Thessalonian Jews, the Bereans were eager to hear the teaching of Paul and Silas.
Second, the Bereans examined what they heard by comparing it to the Old Testament Scriptures. The fact that they honestly listened and conducted further personal research led many Bereans to faith in Jesus as the Messiah. This expansion of Christianity was not limited to those within the synagogue, but also extended to many Greek men and women in Berea.
Third, the Bereans guarded Paul’s safety. When Paul’s enemies arrived from nearby Thessalonica, the Berean believers protected Paul by getting him out of the region. They did not turn him over to his enemies or disassociate from him as the Jews from Thessalonica might have expected.
Fourth, the Bereans continued to grow in their faith. After Paul’s departure, Silas and Timothy remained in Berea. Why? The Bible does not explicitly say, but one reason was probably to give the Berean Christians a chance to obtain further instruction in the Christian faith.
In summary, the Bereans have long been seen as a positive example of how a person or community should respond to biblical teaching. We are called to eagerly learn from God’s Word and, no matter who the teacher is, to investigate new teaching in comparison with the Bible. The practice of the ancient Bereans is a model for all who desire to grow spiritually today.
25 And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years,
26 and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. 27 She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment.
28 For she said, “If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.”
29 And immediately the flow of blood dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease.
30 And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone out from him, immediately turned about in the crowd and said, “Who touched my garments?”
31 And his disciples said to him, “You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, ‘Who touched me?’”
32 And he looked around to see who had done it.
33 But the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him and told him the whole truth.
34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”
2. Are you qualified????
-Paul’s Qualifications he was weak in fear trembled and not a smooth talker
-He was not a motivational speaker- he was a Power Speaker
-He came in to he Power of the Spirit
-KEY: Know Jesus Christ intimately and what he provided for us on the Cross
1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (ESV)
1 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.
2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling,
4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
3. What do you have to do (Humble Yourself)
· Be honest with yourself so you can be honest with God
· Let God into every nook and cranny to do some house cleaning (My house was a pig pen and it wasn’t fun; but I am so free)
· It can be very painful=but the only way to become a truly radical disciple for Jesus, I believe, is to go through this process
· (I had my own personal cleansing streams)
10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.
4. Seek me with all your heart
Jeremiah 29:11-13 (ESV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
5. Start meditating in the Promises
· Ask the Holy Spirit to make them real to you-(to give you a word-step out in faith
Psalm 119:148 (ESV)
148 My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise. God loves to take the person who is not full of himself and make something of himself-because he (God gets all the glory)
He did it for these men and women in the Bible. He took a messed up wimpy guy me and made him into a Sweet Pit Bull for Jesus.