CAN YOU WALK ON WATER AND DO THE MIRACULOUS?
1. ARE YOU WILLING TO STEP OUT OF THE BOAT?
Matthew 14:22-33 (ESV)
22 Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds.
23 And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone,
24 but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them.
25 And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea.
26 But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out in fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.”
28 And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.”
29 He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.”
31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
· We give Peter a hard time for taking his eyes off the Lord; but remember he was the only one that was willing to get out of the boat.
· He was the one that took a step a faith.
· The other disciples were hanging on for dear life
· Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?
· You will need the help of the Holy Spirit to do this-he can grant you boldness
· But there must be a determined willingness; I am going to do this or else-nothing’s gonna stop me!
· I wonder if God is more pleased with those who take a step of faith and blow it like Peter did than those who just hug the boat?
· So, are you a boat hugger or a water walker?
2. IT’ NOT UP TO GOD ITS UP TO YOU
· So many if fact it seems; I would say almost everyone I know believes everything or almost everything is totally up to God.
· That God is sovereign, and he controls everything; like we are puppets
· That we have very little or no power
Mark 16:15-20 (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
· We have Power and Authority-It’s God who gave it to us
· It’s God’s power
· Be sure and give God all the glory
· You need to understand these Promises are yours for the taking
· That’s right what I am teaching and what the Bible promises us is that Divine Healing is Reproducible
· Start thinking of yourself not as a person begging God for a miracle and hoping just hoping something will happen
· Instead think of yourself and see yourself as Christian Skywalker-God’s Jedi and man or woman full of his power.
· As one who has been commissioned and ordained and endued with power
· You just must learn to use the equipment
- Then you can enforce the promises
3. Get yourself ready to receive: Study then Speak
2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
· Study God’s Word (Ray Comfort from Way of the Master) calls it Qualifying yourself
· Seek God with all your heart
· Don’t take no for an answer
· Get your mind full of God
· You must Ingest the Word of God (the Promises) and then Digest them
· When you get the doubt that little mustard seed of faith will come out and be the difference maker
· Once you believe in the promise more than the problem, you'll see a miracle; I guarantee it!
· Get it in your head then get it to your heart and let it change your attitude and actions and you will win whatever your situation and need is!
Mark 11:23-24 (ESV)
23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
· Speak to the mountain it will move!
· It will obey you if you just believe with child-like faith