CROSSING THE LINE-U AND U
When you pray for someone or someone prays for you and they don’t receive healing and you conclude that sometimes God heals and sometimes he doesn’t you cross a dangerous line. This may be based on observation or just used to comfort someone else or ourselves. In the New Testament everyone got healed with two exceptions; unbelief and a lack of understanding on how Divine Healing Works.
The most dangerous thing about crossing that line is that is sets you up for almost certain failure for the future. If you go in trying to believe God for healing for yourself or someone else and believe God doesn’t heal all the time; then you have built in unbelief and that is a major problem. When I fail to receive Divine Healing, I own it; it’s my fault; it’s my unbelief. I still have struggled a few times with sinus infections. I had a heart problem; which God has healed and is recovering; that was my own fault. I was addicted to food and grossly overweight and violated the natural laws of God. Now I have been set free, lost a bunch a weight and God was merciful, and I am improving rapidly in this area.
So, what are the U and U? These two things prevent Divine Healing more than anything. They are Unbelief and a lack of Understanding of how Divine Healing works-a lack of knowledge.
1. Unbelief stops the power of God
Here is an example of what Jesus faced:
Matthew 13:54-58 (ESV)
54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works?
55 Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”
57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.”
58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.
Could Jesus heal everyone? No! Not if they were full of unbelief and uncooperative. If you don’t accept fully that God wants to heal you no matter what you see you won’t get that mustard seed working and you won’t receive your miracle. either. He will help you with your unbelief; if you ask him to.
2. You must believe that God is a rewarder of them who diligently seek him?
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Diligently means to be steady and earnest and energetic in one’s effort.
I also believe that the Church has forgotten God’s benefits-
Psalm 103:1-3 (ESV)
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
3. You need knowledge because Knowledge is power.
Hosea 4:6 (ESV)
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge
2 Peter 1:2-4 (ESV)
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature
· Notice the phrases in the knowledge and through the knowledge in this passage. This is how miracles happen. These are the instructions
· I am talking about intimate heart knowledge not just a passing head knowledge
· A lack of knowledge is a two-sided coin. It can cause you to be ignorant, so you just operate on a human plane your whole life. You just do everything in the natural.
· You never learn to trust God for divine healing. You go to the doctor for everything. You may ask what is wrong with that. Now that is your choice but honestly that is not how God designed things for his children. I am for doctors but what do you do when the doctor can’t fix it?
· Pray once not twice. Scripture tells us this is the only way to receive and that a double-minded man won’t receive anything from the Lord. If you pray for healing and then pray for it again-you kill the seed. why would you pray for something again if you already have it. It’s called unbelief; it’s called ignorance or a lack of knowledge.
James 1:6-8 (ESV)
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Mark 11:22-25 (ESV)
22 And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God.
23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
· God won’t do it for you; he has already done it for you and wants you to use your authority. He said, “IN MY NAME.”
· No one should come to the Lord on his or her own merit. This explains why you see the sweetest lady in the church die of cancer. Everyone thinks if there was anyone who ever deserved to be healed (that loved God and her family and helped in the church) it was her. By human standards they are correct.
· The problem is that we aren’t coming by human standards but by God’s. It isn’t by our merit or goodness or good deeds but by Jesus stripes. This is a critical error!
I am excited about next weeks subject. I delayed it for a week because I had a struggle for a couple of weeks and wanted to make sure I could break through it. This is what I overcame when I was in the hospital and stood on a Bible Promise and God finally broke through. Thank God. A 35-year food addiction was broken, and I was set free. I will be teaching on “How to break all addictions and the No-Willpower Diet. I hope you will join me!