DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE HEALED
OR DO YOU NEED GOD’S DIVINE HEALING KIT?
PART 2-WHAT BLOCKS DIVINE HEALING?
1. We must get the doubt out, so the mustard seed can succeed
so, it will not be blocked and can to its job effectively
· In other words; it’s time to weed your garden
(Unbelief is usually the culprit)
2. If your sickness was caused by sin you need to ask God’s forgiveness
(which he promises to you unconditionally)
1 John 1:9-10(ESV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
· I believe most sickness is caused by the fact that we live in a fallen world, but some is our own fault and doing and I don’t want to ignore that possibility.
· For instance, if you are a life long smoker and you have lung cancer, I believe God wants to heal you, but you need to ask him to forgive you for sinning against your own body and he will grant you mercy.
3. Not knowing God’s Promises-You need to familiarize yourself with the Promises of Divine Healing found in the Bible
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
· This is so important: You must get them from your head to your heart by thinking on them (the Holy Spirit will help you)
4. Not realizing that Divine Healing comes through the promises not by prayer alone
2 Peter 1:3-4 (ESV)
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature
· I have found if I try to believe God for something and do not have a Promise to Stand on that my Prayers won’t stand. Why is that you might ask?
· I believe that if we are trying to get something by prayer alone without a promise; that we will always be thinking am I praying this right or something on that order.
With a Promise there is Power and if I could use the Word and a Description so that we can know what exactly we are standing on.
· The only time I don’t use promises is when I am just praising God and hanging out with Jesus. Whenever I am in a situation that I need something I always come with a Promise and believe and pray or command. And it always works!
5. If this is above, you pray grade then find someone who is stronger with a proven track record and have them pray for you
· Especially if you are new to this or you have been given up dying or as no hope to be cured
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
· This applies in and out of a church setting. The problem is these men and women who are elders may be Godly men and women, but do they understand Divine Healing-Do they have a track record of being healing themselves when they pray; if not- they cannot pray the prayer of faith for the sick and see them healed.
· I would ask them this question: Do you believe it is always God’s will to heal? (if they say anything but yes absolutely; then I would move on to the next) They are most likely not going to be able to help you.
6. You do play a part in your healing
You must believe to. That is why a person who is strong in this can’t go into a hospital and force healing on everyone. No, it is a cooperative effort.
Example in Scripture: is where the man with the epileptic son said to Jesus if you can do anything (in other wards you do it Jesus-I’ll just watch got a prompt correction from Jesus and who said if you can believe
The man said he believed please help my unbelief and his son was healed
Mark 9:23,24 (ESV)
23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”