HOW MUCH FAITH DOES IT TAKE TO BE HEALED
1. What is your need?
Matthew 4:23 (ESV)
23 And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.
· Cancer/Heart Disease/Fibromyalgia/or anything else
· It doesn’t matter God’s healing power works for big and small things(He heals not some but all our diseases
2. It only takes a Mustard Seed
Matthew 17:20 (ESV)
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
3. Crossing Over
Hebrews 12:1-3 (ESV)
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
· Eyes on Jesus not on self or circumstances
· Faith in/Doubt out (Which amounts to renewing your mind-changing how you think). You wash your mind with the Promises of God’s Word.
· HGTV or Home and Garden TV. We enjoy watching this at home. One day I was thinking you know it really is an exercise in faith when you do what they do on the shows.
· They’ll say can you see yourself living here.
· They’ll say can you imagine what this room or space as they call it now can look like after we’ve renovated it?
· Then they will show computer animations of what it will look like.
· Then they show the before and after pictures when it is done. It’s amazing
· It teaches Faith-How to see something with your heart before you see it with your eyes
· Close your eyes when you have a need and just see yourself with that need meant. If you are blind see yourself seeing. If you have a financial need see it coming in the mailbox. And so, on and so on. You must believe with childlike faith.
· There will come a point when it just clicks in. That is where you will get your miracle.
· The best example of this that I have ever seen is from the Academy Award Winning movie “The Miracle Worker” It is about Helen Keller who was blind and deaf and her teacher Annie Robinson.
· How do you teach a blind and deaf person to understand?
· Annie Sullivan did it by touch using sign language. Helen had started to speak a little when she was stricken with a high fever and lost her sight and hearing. When Annie, her teacher arrived she kind of behaved like a wild animal.
· Her family didn’t know what to do for her. She looked to me about the age of twelve or so.
· It took some time but one day it just clicked. Helen went to the water pump and screamed wa-wa. This was a word that she had learned as a toddler. Annie Robinson, her teacher screamed out “She Knows; She knows.”
· You must receive this by Divine Revelation-If you aren’t seeking or have an open heart this DH teaching will just bounce off your head
· You must go for it-Seek God with all your heart-
Then the Revelation will click. You will have a Helen Keller moment
4. You must Work the Field to Produce a Crop
Matthew 21:28-31 (ESV)
28 “What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’
29 And he answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind and went.
30 And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but did not go.
31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.
James 2:17 (ESV)
17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
· Faith without actions is dead
· The Parable of the Two sons can represent different things; but one thing it represents is the fact of only the one who does it not just says it receives the blessing.
· You must work the field. What do I mean by that. It’s like going to a gym. You don’t get in shape by going just one day. Now miracles do happen instantly but now usually.
· Andrew Wommack who teaches on Divine Healing and has seen thousands healed; says that 95% of all healings are what we would call recovery healings. In other words. Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. For example, you have the flu and get healed, but it takes time for your strength back.
· 5% are instantaneous. A leg grows out or a person gets out of a wheelchair.
· You must work the field by keeping on believing and keep confessing you are healed according to the promise of God’s Word and keep commanding it to manifest.