HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF TO BE HEALED
How to prepare yourself to be healed. As much I would love to have everyone go all the way with Divine Healing; I know many won’t. If you go all the way to a Mature Mountain-Moving Faith like the Woman with the Issue of Blood in Mark 5 then you can believe God for your own healing without the help of others. You will also be able to pray and believe for others to be healed.
For those that don’t go all the way or are in a situation where they need healing themselves now there is good news. You can prepare yourself for Divine Healing. Get yourself ready to be healed. So, I have said there are three levels of progress when it comes to Divine Healing. There is the Mature-Mountain Moving Faith, the Intermediate Faith and the Beginners faith. Either of these last two would require another stronger in this area person to help you receive your healing.
1. You need to familiarize yourself with the Promises of Divine Healing found in the Bible
The Bible says that they are all Yes and Amen!
I have found if I try to believe God for something and do not have a Promise to Stand on that my Prayers won’t stand. Why is that you might ask?
I believe that if we are trying to get something by prayer alone without a promise; that we will always be thinking am I praying this right or something on that order. With a Promise there is Power and if I could use the Word and a Description so that we can know what exactly we are standing on.
The only time I don’t use promises is when I am just praising God and hanging out with Jesus. Whenever I am in a situation that I need something I always come with a Promise and believe and pray or command. And it always works.
Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword
· The more you hear and believe and familiarize yourself with the promises of God’s Word the easier it will be to receive Divine Healing for yourself.
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
2. You need to find someone who is stronger in this area and skilled in Divine Healing and ask them to pray for you.
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
· This applies in and out of a church setting. The problem is these men and women who are elders may be Godly men and women, but do they understand Divine Healing.
· I would ask them this question: Do you believe it is always God’s will to heal? (if they say anything but yes absolutely; then I would move on to the next) They are most likely not going to be able to help you.
3. You need to get the brakes off your car and get it into neutral so someone stronger than you can jump start it and push you over the Divine Healing Victory Line
· You play a part in your healing
· If I prayed for you and you aren’t ready-haven’t got the doubt out-you are not going to be healed
· I can’t force healing on you or bypass your unbelief.
· So, you need to just get to that place where I may be struggling by myself, but I am ready and if Jim who is strong in this area of Divine Healing prayers for me I will be healed.
· If it is a child or someone who is incapacitated in some way you can stand in for them (they may need to cooperate too depending on their ability to do so)(Mark 9:23,24)
23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”