HOW YOU RELATE TO GOD DETERMINES YOUR RESULTS
John 4:24 (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
You must come in the Spirit not in your flesh:
Let’s break that down-
1. One of the Greatest mistakes Christian make is to try to receive from God by coming in the flesh not the Spirit.
· What is this flesh that I am talking about: it is your natural man (you are trying to move God by your begging; complaining; reasoning; etc.) I am assuming that you are already are hanging out with Jesus and praising him and telling him you love him.
· I have been there and done that and have a tee shirt to prove it. It never works
· If you come to the Lord in the flesh you fall under condemnation (because you will never measure up) You will be overpowered by doubt and the devil
· Hebrews 10:35-36 (KJV)
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
(You just don’t have the staying power in the flesh)
· When you come in the flesh what you are saying is I deserve this. Now you may not think of it that way but because Jesus paid the price not you; you can’t enter that way.
· Ever hear these prayers where someone says let’s pray for Sarah she has cancer and you know she has five kids and is the sweetest Christina lady in the church and has served as Sunday School director for 20 years.
(what they are saying is Sarah deserves to be healed and are going to approach God in that way.) Sarah is gonna die if she gets prayed for that way or prays that way for herself.
So, what is the answer:
You must come in the SPIRIT not in your flesh"
2. So how does a believer approach God in the Spirit
· First, I would tell God I am coming to you based on what Jesus did for me (his accomplished works) and not my good deeds or anything else I have done.
· Second, I would ALWAYS use a Promise from the Bible (I have found through personal experience whenever I am trying to believe God for something and I just come and pray for it; it usually doesn’t work, or it is an extended battle that could have been must shorter.
· The Promises are like standing on a rock (they are a firm foundation) Prayer by itself to me is like running on sand on a beach (not the easiest think to do) I have written a blog that you can find on my website called “No more Naked prayers)
· Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
· 2 Peter 1:2-4 (KJV)
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
So next time you pray, and approach God bring a promise and say I receive this because of what Jesus did for me and you will be coming in the Spirit not in your flesh
And you will see I believe an awesome improvement in your prayers being answered. I know I did. I went from rarely getting an answer to pretty much always get an answer.