IF JESUS CAN DO IT-SO CAN I
1. Jesus said that whatever he did we can do
12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
· So, here’s the million-dollar question Are you doing them?
· Which in America I believe would include almost all Christians or at least most of the ones I know
· Doesn’t it bother you if you are not or have you just given up on that?
· If you are familiar with my testimony Ten Years in Hell.
(There is a video presentation available if you want to listen to it.)
· “When I was 47 years old and prayed that dangerous prayer-I had failed in about every area of my life and out of desperation asked the Lord “Lord do whatever you have to in order to change me, give me a vision of heaven or hell, just spare my life.”
(I have experienced both now-not by vision but by experience and divine revelation)
· Do you know what my biggest fear was 12 and ½ years ago? That I would stand before the Lord and have virtually accomplished nothing. I really didn’t know him intimately and I had no power to heal the sick, etc. That shook me to my bones. It was like a wake-up call of all wake-up calls. And you know what God honored that prayer.
2. We, all who are Christians, are called and commanded and commissioned by Jesus
Mark 16:15-20 (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my names they will cast out demons'; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
So, the Great Commission consisted of:
· Go and tell everyone about Jesus
· There will be signs following
· In my name they will cast out demons;
· They will speak in new tongues;
· they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them;
· they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
· The Lord confirmed the message by accompanying signs
3. Then Additional Power was given
· You notice that part of the Great Commission to all believers is that they are to “Speak in Tongues”.
· Do you have to have the Baptism in the Holy Spirit to see Divine Healing and other things happen in your life?
Answer is: No
· But why wouldn’t you-It will take longer and require more effort on your part and you won’t be able to flow in the gifts of the Spirit; which is awesome.
· And I ask that same question Why wouldn’t you want to?
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 2:4 (ESV)
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
All you must do is examine the life if Peter before the Day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was poured out and after. He went from a man who denied Jesus three times to a man who was a powerful house for God and preached the inaugural message on that Pentecost today and 3000 people were saved.
· If you want to fulfil that Great Commission just like Peter and Paul and those in the 1st Century Book of Acts church did: it is available to you right now.
You will have to do two things:
1. Get out of your comfort zone
(To Witness/Pray for the Sick, etc.)
2. To help you to fulfil the Great Commission and Do the Things that Jesus did: You definitely need the Power of the Holy Spirit.
· I say this unashamedly that if that without it-speaking in tongues; I would be dead. It built me up and gave me the power to eventually overcome my sicknesses and 10-year trial and now I am experiencing what they did in the Book of Acts. The Bible is alive to mean. I have much more to learn and experience, but it is so Awesome compared to what I had before. Words don’t do justice.
For anyone who wants this extra power:
This is for PEOPLE TO RECEIVE THE BAPTSIM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WITH SPEAKING IN TONGUES
-Begin Praising the Lord in English
-Now quit speaking in your native language -And with simple child-like faith say Lord please Baptize with your Holy Spirit
-And start speaking in Tongues.
-Refuse to speak in English.
It may just be a Word of two. A syllable or two. Just keep at it. It will grow.
-You may feel weird at first.
-You might question is it me or is it the Holy Spirit doing this. It’s both.
-The Holy Spirit gives you the language as you open your mouth and speak it out. It’s like on demand.
-This is so important. Don’t take no for an answer. -Keep doing it until you break through
(If you are unable to break through now; then continue to do this until you do)