IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THEN ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE- DEALING WITH DOUBT-SO YOUR FAITH WILL WORK
FACEBOOK LIVE TUESDAYS AT 7PM CENTRAL TIME
Mark 9:14-29 (ESV)
14 And when they came to the disciples, they saw a great crowd around them, and scribes arguing with them.
15 And immediately all the crowd, when they saw him, were greatly amazed and ran up to him and greeted him.
16 And he asked them, “What are you arguing about with them?”
17 And someone from the crowd answered him, “Teacher, I brought my son to you, for he has a spirit that makes him mute.
18 And whenever it seizes him, it throws him down, and he foams and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast it out, and they were not able.”
19 And he answered them, “O faithless generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him to me.”
20 And they brought the boy to him. And when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth.
21 And Jesus asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood.
22 And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”
23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”
26 And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.”
27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.
28 And when he had entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?”
29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.” ***** (In the parallel passage in Matthew 17:20 Jesus tells them it’s because of their unbelief.
*****Some versions don’t include fasting and some do (Spending intimate time with the Lord and/or fasting both work to create a spiritual discipline that one needs. This was not some kind of super demon. If you look at the subject it isn’t referring to the demon but to this kind of unbelief comes out. (You need more focus in some situations). I am sure the disciples got quite a show from this boy and it spooked them. They were intimidated.
1. The Only Way to Control Outcome (Results) is to control who you have praying for you.
· I am talking about Group Prayer: which would include: (Prayer Chains/Facebook Pages/Pulpit Prayers/etc.)
· The church seems to think the more the better;
But is that just a characteristic of man or is it true?
Proverbs 14:12 (ESV)
12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
Man always tries to figure out Spiritual things with his brain and good intentions and it just isn’t God’s way. For one thing; it requires no faith!
· You need one or two or three men or women with Lasers (those who have qualified themselves in the arena of Divine Healing) to get the job done not 100’s or 1000’s with shot guns shooting in the dark who don’t know what they are doing.
· How do you know? Does it work-The proof is in the pudding=Does it work?
· Look if you are getting the results you desire and the Bible Promises you are doing something wrong. I had 29 years of this type of negative results. It’s time to do a 180% and do something different. I did a 180% and the results when from virtually none to amazing.
· Evangelist Lowell Lundstrom said and I was there: “People are tired of empty promises they want someone who can deliver the goods.”
(He was right and God burned those words into my soul and years later they would come back to me and be my marching orders and my new reality and change my life).
· American Church Model:
Get as many people as you can to pray
New Testament Model:
Get as few people as you can to pray and know examine their track record-when it comes to Healing!
· Why do you think Jesus reacted very quickly when he saw the crowd come running towards him? This is really important. There are only two reasons that I can come up with.
· One it could have been very distracting for all parties.
· The most important reason is their unbelief (their gawking) could have stopped the miracle from taking place. They would have flooded that place with their unbelief.
I hate to say it but we must realize that even good intentioned wonderful Christian people cannot pray above their Pray Grade. This is something that God showed me. They haven’t qualified themselves. I will talk about that later.
Let’s be honest. If you can’t get yourself healed then why do you think you can get someone else healed? You must grow in this area and have success and then you can pray. But until then you are not building up the house you are tearing it down. I am sorry if that sounds harsh; but this is the reason people aren’t getting healed. Until you are ready you need to find someone strong in this area to help push your car but you must get it into neutral at least for healing to flow.
2. What is the problem then?
3. So what does it mean then (if you can Believe)???
· Is it only some that are able to believe for things like Divine Healing for themselves and others????
· (I think if most Christians were honest that is what they believe-I can’t do it and nobody in my church can do it; it is that occasional guy or gal on TV are the only ones who can)
4. Remember this some of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for some and some for other (BUT THE PROMISES ARE FOR EVERYONE EVERYTIME IN EVERY SITUATION).
· This is really important and I am shouting it from the rooftops: there are people who believe you have to have the gift of healing to get someone healed (whether yourself or another person) You don’t
· Let me say it again while everyone may not have the gift of healing (in fact I believe this gift isn’t very common but everyone has the PROMISE OF HEALING AND THAT IS ALL YOU NEED
Psalm 103:2-3 (ESV)
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
2 Peter 1:2-4 (ESV)
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
5. All of Us have been given THE Measure of Faith
Romans 12:3(KJV (is the only version that get it right-THE Measure)
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
6. All we need is a Mustard Seed to Get the job done
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
(Same story in a different Gospel)
7. What do you need to believe and get results:
· Study to show yourself Approved
2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
· Get into his Word the Bible (especially the Healing Promises) I have some on my Website if you need a starting point.
· Prayer and Fasting (You need to get real and intimate with God and really get to know him. He wants to know you! (Fasting helps speed up the process because you learn to discipline your body and show it you are the boss: You can do it by prayer alone
· Baby Steps (You take on the cold or the headache and overcome it in the name of Jesus.
Please read the disclaimer*****
Unbelief=is kind of like this
One Swing at a Time: It’s like felling a tree
It might take you more swings than the next guy but no matter how much time or how many swings it will come down
Galatians 6:9 (HCSB)
9 So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don’t give up.
Don’t Quit and you will eventually understand it; get it working in your life and you will get it and then you will benefit from it whenever you need that healing power of God for you and others