IF YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE- THEN ALL THE PROMISES ARE YOURS
-PART ONE-WHAT ARE YOU BELIEVING FOR?
Imagine means “to visualize it to see it in your mind’s eye” (in other words get it from your head only to your heart)
And yes, I barrowed my title from the song and movie “I Can Only Imagine.”
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
· (ask means to desire and think means to understand by exercising the mind)
I once heard Jimmy Swaggart make a statement about his grandma that I have always remembered. She was a Spirit-filled woman and a great woman of faith. This event took place years ago when he was about twenty years of age and just getting to start as a traveling evangelistic. he told her he needed a car to travel and do evangelistic work. His old clunker had clunked out.
So, he asked her to pray with him. She agreed. He was praying, and she listened. He prayed something like this. “Lord you know I need a different car and if you would give just something that would run I would appreciate it very much.” Then he went on and said, “Lord if you want to me walk I am willing to do that, too.”
His grandma stopped him right there and said “Jimmy quit praying like that, you are already walking; you need a car you can’t walk the distances to these cities. We serve a Big God; so, ask big. We are going to ask God for a good car for you. One that is mechanically sound and will last you a long time and not break down and that God will provide the money for it.” If I remember correctly, his cousin Jerry Lee Lewis offered to get him a car. I believe it was an Oldsmobile. Guess What-it ran great for many years.
So, what does this story show. We serve a big God! If you don’t ask you won’t receive. If you ask small you will get small. Now I am not talking about a greedy spirit where Christian’s think they deserve the best of everything and are consumed with material things. I am talking about whatever it is: ministry, divine healing; a car or anything; don’t be afraid to ask big. You aren’t imposing on God; he loves faith and wants you to believe him and let him stretch you.
· If you walk in fear and not in faith you won’t progress in your faith.
· Take the twelve spies that went out as scouts all of them saw the same thing; but ten of them gave a negative report. “These men are giants’ we can’t’ take them.” Only two: Joshua and Caleb said, “We can surely take the land.” Both saw the same thing but ten of them didn’t figure in the thing that mattered most:
1. The God Factor: Impossible things become possible
Matthew 19:26 (ESV)
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
2. Believe or Doubt
· We can believe the promises God has made to us or we can just think like mere men and women and walk in fear.
· Remember you always must get the doubt out for the mustard seed to proceed.
3. So, what are you believing God for? Little or Much.
· Are you just settling for a mediocre Christian Life or do you want to be a World Changer?
4. So, is there anything you can do to change your circumstances for the better?
· Please know this your impossible situation that you are facing or will face someday is a piece of cake for Jesus.
· REMEMBER THIS: I DO NOT HAVE THE GIFT OF HEALING ONLY A FEW HAVE THIS. ALL OF US THE PROMISE OF HEALING-I STAND ON THAT AND IT WORKS 100% OF THE TIME-Just like it can for you and God is no respecter of persons.