IF YOU HAVE A NEED-GOD’S GOT A PROMISE
I want to encourage you tonight by telling you that God is a good God and he is a big God and he wants to meet your needs. The way he does it is through you by simple child-like faith trusting in him and believing the promises.
2 Peter 1:2-4 (ESV)
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature
1. If you work this field, it will always produce a crop
Galatians 6:9 (ESV)
9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (ESV)
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.
27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
Hebrews 12:1-3 (ESV)
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
· I lost my healing three times because I took my eyes off Jesus and panicked. Jesus like Peter did when he was walking on water and was distracted by the wind and the waves
· you might get something through a Holy Spirit Gift but that’s like waiting for lightning to strike. You have no control over it.
· but if you work this field you will always produce a crop that's healing by faith through the promises of God's word.
· It’s reproducible
· but it does take effort another words?-How do I know that it says not to grow weary. It speaks of effort
2. Promises for Everything
· Remember in II Peter 1:3-It says “all things that pertain to life”-That means everything and anything
· I’ll touch on just a few
God gave me a promise for a woman in her late 30’s. She told me she was going to have a child and God laid this verse on my heart as a Word from the Lord for her. I think this is one of the first words for someone else I had ever got.
Exodus 23:26 (ESV)
26 None shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
She did have a healthy baby
Psalm 103:1-5 (ESV)
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
2 Corinthians 8:9 (ESV)
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.
Luke 6:38 (ESV)
38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
This second one is dependent on our giving
3. So how do you make a promise happen?
Romans 4:17-21 (KJV)
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many
nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
· Abraham just simply believed and did not doubt the Lord’s Promise and it was impossible and yet it worked
· We were just in a situation where we were buying a house and at the last moment it fell through. It was like a punch in the stomach. I just refused to believe that God who had led us to these point each step of the way; would now keep us out of the promised land. I said to the Lord I am going to believe you and not the circumstances. An hour or two later, while I was at work a lady named Connie from Andrew Wommack Ministries called and I was unavailable, so she just left a promise for us. The promise was that God would not withhold any good thing from his children. I thought and said out loud “that’s it-we’ve got the house.” I told my wife Ginelle “God’s got this, and she got excited. Sure, enough everything switched smoothly to a different path and miraculously worked out
· You just keep believing and press through the unbelief (Run over the top of it)
· Baby steps is the Secret-Start small and work your way up. Your confidence will grow and so will your results. So, tonight whatever your need is God has a Promise to Cover it. What do you have to lose? Just make a small step toward him and he will take a giant step toward you. He is faithful and he loves you!