OVERCOMING DEPRESSION: IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK OR IS IT?-LESSON 10
HOW CAN I RECEIVE MY HEALING TEACHING SERIES
FACEBOOK LIVE TUESDAYS AT 7PM CENTRAL TIME
-Study Guides are available to follow along or print and please read the Disclaimer. Both can be found at my website at:
www.howcanibehealed.com or www.hcibh.com
Why should I learn the principles of Divine Healing?
1. You can learn to receive Divine Healing yourself
2. You can pray for and help others receive Divine Healing
3. You can learn to walk in Divine Health
4. If the devil attacks you after you are healed, you will know how to properly defend your healing
If you have additional questions please go to my website at
www.howcanibehealed.com and click on the Contact Me Form.
Before I start:
God laid three strong points and told me to plant the seed tonight and next week drive them home. They are critically important. I will expound on them next week.
1. I want to extend compassion to anyone who had lost someone who prayed for their healing and saw their suffering and didn’t understand why they weren’t healed. I have been there and it isn’t fun. Here is the problem. I had to get over my pre-conceived notions. I had to quit judging what had happed and make a doctrine out of it. I had to go back to the Word and have the Holy Spirit illuminate and explain this truth to me. You can’t be a victim and a victor. You have two choices and I say this is love. Anything you haven't gotten victory in going to sting at first. You have a choice I can put my arm around you and so I’m sorry and say sometimes God doesn’t heal and blame it on God to ease your feelings or I can teach you how to receive healing so this doesn’t happen again. How about I do both put my arm around you in Christ’s love and teach you how to believe and receive God’s healing power. The Bible calls this “Speaking the Truth in Love.” You must get over that hurt to go further with this.
2. You cannot pray the same thing over again each day. If you get up and pray for healing and you have already prayed yesterday and believed God for it then you are double-minded person and have just voided your healing.
3. You must practice this Divine Healing by taking baby safe steps or you will not be able to walk in it. This is SUPER IMPORTANT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS ACTIONS IS DEAD. This is one of my greatest concerns I have: that people will just think that was good Scot and it opened my eyes and then will take no action. The Bible tells us to be a doer of the Word not just a hearer. So, it comes down to this if you hear what say and don’t do it you won’t transition into divine healing. Very important!
There is one constant=GOD and the variables are those who are involved in the praying (You alone/Me and You for example/You and someone else you are praying for) God already deposited this healing inheritance in the bank for you (Psalms 103). So, it’s never him. It’s me or it’s you or it’s me and you-if unbelief surfaces it shuts down the Healing Power of God. Good intentions/I’m sure God understands what I mean/etc.-These half-truths don’t cut it.
Remember I will go into detail next week!
I want to add an extra caution here. This is a very sensitive area. Please don’t do anything rash. You need to use wisdom. If you struggle in this area surround yourself with a strong Christian friend(s). You never replace anything till you have something better. For example, as a rule, you don’t quit your job until you have a new, better one in place. The same is true with this area of Depression. You don’t do anything till you are ready and you know that you know that you know God can take this from you.
I personally believe that I would need to take something for depression if I didn’t have these Biblical Truths and Promises working in my life. I am being very open about this. I did take anti-depressants for many years. It helped my mood. I would call it slight or light but constant depression-if that is a term. It helped but only partially. I am not ashamed of that and you should not be either. Millions are in this boat. In fact, if you are fighting things in your own strength it’s no wonder you are depressed. That is a little bit of humor on the back of a whole lot of truth.
We need God’s help! We live in a fallen world. Bad things happen to good people. What is the answer? I believe in most things we are the same and in some things, we are different and should find what works for us specifically. God’s Promises/Laws/Principles always work and work for everyone. But maybe you function better in the morning than at night. I am a night person. So, while one size does fit all it still needs to be adjusted tailored to your personality. That is one of the jobs of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer is not the key by itself as many think it is. It is water/fertilizer(expound). You cannot pray your depression away. The battleground is in the mind. It is between our ears that we win or lose everything. If you believe you can’t do a job (even though you really could) guess what you have created a glass ceiling that you can’t break through in this state of mind and you will fail every time in that kind of situation.
-(Isaiah 26: 3)
”You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you”
-"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7-Use the King James Version Only)
The connection between the heart and mouth is so important!!!
(Romans 10:9,10) “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Your Words are so important!!!-
You know why people don’t like this. If you could pull the layers and excuses away it would come down to this: I don’t want to change. I am not willing to make the effort to renew my mind. I am going to let the flesh rule. This is just how I am.
So, because of this we have two types of Christian thinkers:
(Caboose Dominated and Engine Dominator)
What do I mean by that? (Dominated means to be another’s slave
While Dominator means someone, who rules)
You either rule your feelings and thoughts or let them rule you. If you default: just let nature take its course: you will be ruled by them. That is human naturel
Here is a common example: I knew that man years ago. He would go to work and treat everyone like gold and they loved him there, and then at night his family walked around on eggshells as he let his hair down and yelled at them. Now in reality he was operating in the flesh but it goes to show you that mankind has choices but needs the power of the fruit of the Spirit to walk this out. I call what he was doing just saving it up. He would use all his willpower at work to look good and get approval and then in his mind when it didn’t matter he took all the anger that he had saved up from work through doing through willpower plus his natural anger and unloaded on his family; who he deemed unimportant sad to say and they just had to accept him for who he is. Well we know how this can destroy a home.
So how do you change the way you think?
We know that the two greatest goals as a Christian are to:
The Bible (God’s Word) tells us “Love God with all of our Heart and Love our Neighbor as yourself.”
In Philippians Paul told us this one thing (“That I might Know Him”)
“They will know that we are Christians by our Love “(John 13:35)
“Speaking the truth in Love” is the sign of maturity (Ephesians)
1. Mediate on the Word
(Chew on it like a piece of gum) (Think on it)
(Ask the Holy Spirit for illumination-light it in up in my heart and head)
2. The Power of the Holy Spirit
I talked about this last week-that having the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is essential for every Believer) If you haven’t watched “Unlimited Power” from last week please watch it. It can change your life) (Without the Power of the Holy Spirit you are relegated to your own will power-which always fails-Read Romans 7-Paul said in verse 15- “For I do not what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate.” Sounds like a break-down of will- power to me. Romans 7-The struggle of will-power (the flesh) our strength; Romans 6-Tell us what to do; and Romans 8 tell us about the sweet victory-Not by will-power but by The Power of the Holy Spirit producing victory in us.
(WHEN YOU PUT MEDITATING ON THE WORD AND MIX IT WITH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TRIGGERED BY SPEAKING IN TONGUES AS I DO YOU-YOU ALSO WILL HAVE YOUR MIND RENEWED.) **********
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
3. You need to get Rid of Condemnation
Let the Holy Spirit rid you of Condemnation (Roman 8:1)
Here is the Power Promise Romans 8:1- “There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus”
If you feel condemned you will tend towards depressed-this is just how it works. You will either withdraw or get angry and blow up or both-you just take turns. I am waiting on a letter from David Berkowitz (Expound). How does he deal with condemnation from the past? I will keep you posted.
4. Take no thought saying
When do you empower a thought when you say it.
(Matt 6:34) “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”
THIS REALLY HELPS TO ELIMINATE/SHORTEN NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND THEIR LIFE SPAN- (God was reminding me of how it has worked in me)
1. Ask God to help you have an intimate relationship with him
(If we get to know him intimately and don’t find and fulfill his purpose then we have failed in the second most important area to love our neighbor)
2. Find your purpose/calling to minister to others.
- “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”. (II Timothy 2:15)
-We are all called to raise the dead/heal the sick and cleanse the leper.
-And we all have specific ways to do that-Ask the Holy Spirit to show you and start moving in that direction. I do believe that idle hands are the devil’s workshop.
-I know I am the happiest when I am pro-active with my relationship with God/ministering to others/hanging out with my family. I want proper intimacy with each other these groups.
(If we find and fulfil his purpose and don’t get to know him intimately the we have failed in the most important area to know the Lord) (We need both to be balanced)
3. Stop and Smell the Roses:
(Taste and see that the Lord is Good)
What do I mean by that. You know that young who you see twice a week that helps me. My granddaughter Samantha Is one of those roses. My wife Ginelle is. I like smelling her. She smells good! I have five kids two daughter-in-law’s, eight grandkids and brother/sisters’ in-laws and out-laws. They all smell good. I love them. I must cultivate this. It is cool to just look at nature: the sky, the birds, etc. Enjoy Life.
1. Salvation (Ask God to forgive you and invite him to be your Lord and Savior)
2. Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Please go and listen to my last week’s lesson (Unlimited Power)
HOW TO RECEIVE THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT WITH
SPEAKING IN TONGUES
-Begin Praising the Lord in English or your native tongue.
-When I say, “Be Baptized in the Holy Spirit” Quit speaking in your native language.
-With simple child-like faith just believe and receive it.
-Then open your mouth and start Speaking in Tongues.
-Refuse to speak in English. It may just be a Word of two. A syllable or two. Just keep at it. It will grow!
-You may feel weird at first. It is different-so that’s normal.
-You might question is it me or is it the Holy Spirit doing this. It’s both.
-The Holy Spirit gives you the language as you open your mouth and speak it out. It’s like on demand.
-This is so important. Don’t take no for an answer.
3. Prayer for people to Overcome Depression (Holy Spirit-please do your work-open people’ hearts to be able to receive this Word and Overcome Depression and teach them with their cooperation “How to Renew their Mind”
4. Healing (Believers have a Benefit Package from Psalm 103)
REMEMBER: Keep your mind on Jesus (not the winds and waves)