Before I begin, I want to praise the Lord for something. My purpose is this is show that this is working in my life and to encourage you. I have lost 80 pounds and I give all the credit to God. I want to thank God for taking me from over 300 pounds to around 225. I am not done yet. Why is this so amazing? Because I didn’t do it by willpower but by Promise Power. I stood on a Promise in the Bible and just enforced it. What I couldn’t do for 36 years due to my lack of will power and food addiction; God did in 6 months. Praise the Lord! My health is soaring.
I told the Lord about 10 years ago that I would never be a hypocrite again. That I would only teach on areas that were working in my life. Divine Healing and Breaking Addictions are two of these areas that God has opened to me.
You have a written guarantee from God for healing. This is an ironclad promise. Then why are so few people being healed you ask? I will try and answer that!
First let me make these statements:
· Praying is primarily for fellowship with God
· Enforcing Promises is how we get our needs met
Matthew 11:12 (ESV)
12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force
· Push the Promise across the finish line (Effort) instead of trying to pray harder (Works)
1. So, What's God's Part and what's ours?
Ephesians 2:8-9 (ESV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith.
And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
· He has already provided everything. He isn’t coming back to do it again. He has provided healing; salvation, no name it.
· Faith is Ours
· We must step out and step up with our faith.
· Faith is cooperating with God’s grace
· It’s responding in a positive way
· Simple child-like belief
2. Healing should be the Rule not the Exception
Psalm 103:1-5 (ESV)
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
· That sure isn’t true today.
· There is so much confusion on this area. I would say for those who believe in Divine Healing this would be there belief and practice.
· You get as many people praying for a person as you can. The more people you have praying the more faith that will be generated.
· If God doesn’t heal them then it wasn’t his will. Sometimes, God heals and sometimes he doesn’t.
· The problem with these beliefs and practices is they don’t work, and they are not in the Bible.
· There is no where in the New Testament where Jesus refused healing to a person. It says that he healed all that were sick (period)
· The problem with the group concept (the more people praying the more faith that will be generated is this). If you can’t get your self healed how can you get someone else healed. Look at it this way. If you have plus 1 part of faith and a minus 2 part of unbelief, then your sum is a minus one which prevents your mustard seed from working.
· When you multiply one person who is not walking in faith for healing for themselves times a 100 you just get a minus 100 instead of a minus one which doesn’t do the job.
· Divine Healing in the Bible was always done in a small group of people who had faith without doubt and could get themselves and others healed.
· Let me share a story to illustrate this point. I have shared it before, but it is so powerful and bears repeating
· One of the greatest testimonies to what I am saying is the story of Mike and Aster Mullins and their son Andrew.
The Mullins are from Ireland. Their fourth son began to display some health issues when he was just over a year old. He was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. They set up a Facebook page to storm the gates of Hell for Andrew. Eventually, 5000 people were praying. 5000 people is bigger than many towns. The only problem was even with these praying was that Andrew grew worse and worse.
They had received some teaching on God wants you well from Andrew Wommack. This is the same teaching and my mentor I had received and teach today. They had a revelation:
Here is an excerpt from their story:
“We don’t have to storm Heaven’s gates, God is not the oppressor, nor was He using Andrew’s sickness to teach us a lesson,” God used Andrew’s teaching to point the Mullins back to His Word where they found promises to stand on for their son’s healing.
“We found promises in the Word of God, such as in the book of Proverbs (15:30) where it says good news brings health to your bones.” said Mike.
After their eyes were opened to the Truth, they went to their son, and laid their hands on him with confident expectation. “We put our hands on his thigh bones and his pelvis and we said, ‘Bones, we’ve got good news for you, By His stripes you were healed (1 Peter 2:24).
After their prayer, Andrew was tested to see if he had made any progress. To the hospital staff’s surprise, he had. The Mullins’ consultant called, and she said, “I don’t know how to tell you this, but everything regarding Andrew is up in the air.” To which Mike inquired, “Is it up in the air good or up in the air bad? She said, “It’s up in the air good. Every one of Andrew’s bones are completely clean of cancer… We really didn’t expect this.”
While the news was unexpected by the doctors, it wasn’t a surprise to the Mullins. “We had learned how to pray with authority, and it worked,” said Mike.”
3. You can’t just throw a prayer out and hope something happens that’s hope not faith and that won’t get you healed!
· You’ve got to believe it in your heart not just in your head and Receive it by Faith
· You’ve got to know that you know that you know
· If you step out of the boat onto the water that you will walk or when you pray you will be healed. See yourself doing it.
4. Unbelief can be very subtle and fool you.
Not just Faith but operational faith
You have enough faith but due to unbelief it just doesn’t work. I have been there. You might think you are believing, and you are not.
Let me share from my past. It was 2009 and I had been sick for 4 years. I thought I was ready to receive healing and go off my pain medications. I wasn’t.
I was wise enough to stay on my blood pressure meds. I wound up hugging the toilet for two hours while throwing up. I was healed two years later in 2011. I wasn’t ready two years before, but I sure thought I was.
5. Promises always work we just don't know how to work the promise
So how do you Enforce a Promise:
Let me share a tip that God put on my heart this week that will help you:
You believe God can heal the sick I believe he already has so what's the difference. It says by Jesus stripes we WERE HEALED not going to be healed. If you know you got it then you don’t have to work to get it by praying harder; you just release the power in the name of Jesus and with simple child-like faith you believe it.
This is an effective and simple way to receive healing. This is what I have found through teaching; studying the Promises and through practicing successfully on myself hundreds of times over the last several years. This is what I do, and it works
It is my Divine Healing GPS:
1. G=Gates=I enter his Gates=Praise him
Psalm 100:4 (ESV)
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
2. P=Promises=Stand on the Promises
2 Peter 1:2-4 (ESV)
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
3. S=Speak/Switch-Speak to the Mountain Then Switch
Mark 11:23 (ESV)
23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
You tell the mountain your problem; your cancer to get out in Jesus name and confess you are healed by his stripes and tell your body to be restored from cancer’s damage to it.
Then Switch and don’t switch back:
Mark 11:24 (ESV)
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours
Go from Asking to Commanding then keep Thanking him that its already yours- and Command it to Manifest! And don’t start over again and don’t give up till you get it and you will!
James 1:6-8 (ESV)
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
You want to know why people aren’t getting healed they are being double-minded. But doesn’t got understand and just overlook this. I think that is what we think. The answer is no. God is no respecter of persons. He loves faith. He cares about you; but you must follow the laws/promises/principles in his Word, or you just don’t get the results.
For too long we have been doing it the wrong way. Remember Jesus told his disciples when asked you don’t need more faith; you just need to learn to focus the mustard seed you have like a laser. That’s my experience and interpretation of that verse.
I’m asking you to check it out in God’s Word and listen to my testimony. I’ve got the truth behind me and the experience to back it up. I do give all the glory and credit to God.
Next week I will be sharing on Breaking Addictions and how I lost the 80 pounds so far.