SHOULDN’T WE BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO EAT?-102a
1. Do We have the Answers for the World?
· We have Salvation/Eternal Life
· What about for down here?
· Divine Healing?
· Overcoming Addictions?
· How to have Peace?
· Of course we should meet the physical needs (clothing/shelter, etc.)
· God wants to meet the needs of the people on this earth too not just in heaven.
· What a testimony it would be if someone who is sick gets healed to the love and care and the fact that God could be real
· THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR US TO STAND UP AND DO THE MIRACULOUS AND SHOW THEM WE HAVE SOMETHING THEY NEED
John 14:12 (KJV)
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
2. How a Word aptly spoken can change one’s life!
(It did mine and it can yours too-if you will let it)
I know because 30 years ago an Evangelist named Lowell did just that!
When I went through my trial “Ten Years in Hell” which is the name of my testimony my life was transformed and changed drastically. I had prayed in November of 2005 a very dangerous prayer. I felt I had failed at everything in life and I was 47 years of age and had one of those epiphany moments. I prayed “Lord, my life is going nowhere; do whatever you have to in order to change my life; give me a vision of heaven or hell; just spare my life.” I thought I would have this little vision of heaven or hell and that it would be painless and I could share this with others. Instead, I became deathly sick and in horrible pain for 10 years. God didn’t make sick; he allowed me to go through this for a reason and because I had prayed that prayer.
After five years, I was healed and he gave me a choice; I could stop there and have a nice testimony to share with other or I could go on and he would teach me how these principles of Divine Healing Work. I had a calling to the five-fold ministry that I so longed to fulfil the right way to honor him and satisfy that longing in me.
Well after three collapses and 5 more years the trial was over and I was ready to begin teaching. Something happened at about the midway point when I made this decision. God brought this back to me vividly just this week.
Many of you Lowell Lundstrom. He is with the Lord now. He has two amazing daughters Londa and Lisa. I only heard him preach 3 times in my life. This one experience was up close and personal. I went with my Pastor (I was his Associate Pastor) and we went to Willmar, MN to a Seminar (Jan or Feb 1988 or 1989) that he was hosting mainly featuring Tommy Barnett (Pastor of a very large Assembly of God church in Phoenix).
It was like God transported me back there this week as I prepared my weekly teaching. I remember being at this seminar and just balling. I was so touched by the meetings. My heart was like a ripe melon.
Tommy Barnett was talking about Soul Winning. This prepared my heart. Then Lowell Lundstrom would inject some of his thoughts too. He said one thing that sowed seeds in my heart and those seeds would lay dormant for 25 years. This is what Lowell said that changed my life. “People are tired of empty promises they want someone who can deliver the freight.”
When that Word that was sown in my heart kicked in; with my cooperation and seeking after God with my whole heart; I was changed from a wimp and a man who never took risks to a man whos motto and driving force became “I am going to deliver the freight.” Then God showed me what Lowell had sowed in my heart those many years ago was my other motto “If Jesus can do it; I can do it.” Based on John 14:12 “ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do” that these were one and the same; just expressed differently.
Now because God brought me to that meeting and a man of God (a great man of God) spoke a Life-Changing Word into my life and heart I now have a Divine Healing Ministry. I am so grateful to God and I am so thankful to Lowell Lundstrom.
3. Feeding of the Five Thousand
Mark 6:30-44 (ESV)
30 The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught.
31 And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.
32 And they went away in the boat to a desolate place by themselves.
33 Now many saw them going and recognized them, and they ran there on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them.
34 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things.
35 And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the hour is now late.
36 Send them away to go into the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”
37 But he answered them, “You give them something to eat.” And they said to him, “Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give it to them to eat?”
38 And he said to them, “How many loaves do you have? Go and see.” And when they had found out, they said, “Five, and two fish.”
39 Then he commanded them all to sit down in groups on the green grass.
40 So they sat down in groups, by hundreds and by fifties.
41 And taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven and said a blessing and broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples to set before the people. And he divided the two fish among them all.
42 And they all ate and were satisfied.
43 And they took up twelve baskets full of broken pieces and of the fish.
44 And those who ate the loaves were five thousand men.
4. So what do we learn from this story:
· God will use what we have (Just like he used the loaves and fish) He will use you just as you are
You don’t have to be someone else or a superstar; these guys were fisherman, etc. and he used them mightily
· God will multiply what we have (The Bible tells us when we give financially that it will be multiplied-pressed down and running over) (The Bible says that if anyone leaves his home for me he will receive 100-fold in this life) (The Bible says if you are faithful in little he will entrust you with much)
· Your faith must be accompanied by corresponding actions (If you want to be a soul-winner then you have to witness and share your testimony to lots of people) (If you want to see the sick healed you must get the principles working in your life and then ask people if you can pray for them and then lay hands on them and believe God and see him work)
5. Jesus Commissioned all us: The Great Commission
Mark 16:15-20 (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
6. IF YOU NEED A MIRACLE FOR YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN
· The emphasis is on YOU (He said IN MY NAME)
· in other words don't push it off on God (don’t pray some wimpy prayer and then just hope something happens)
· If nothing is happening when you pray guess what you really don’t believe it will at a heart level-there is no way around it-you have to face this just like I did; just like most Christians and Churches need to. IT JUST ISN’T WORKING SO LET’S EXAMINE THE SCRITPURE AND DO IT GOD’S WAY AND STAND ON THE PROMISES AND MEDITATE ON THEM UNTIL SOMETHING POPS AND WE START GETTING SOME RESULTS
· You take your authority and believe and make it happen.
· It's not up to God it’s up to you
*****Jesus said, "You give them something to eat." -SHOULDN’T WE BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO EAT?
*****To do that today you must believe that God can do anything. He can multiply and do the miraculous.
Lowell Lundstrom once sowed a Word into my Heart and I hope I can pay it forward. Now I would like to pass that on to others: May the Holy Spirit right now open hearts to receive this. Maybe you need to be transformed. God is looking for a few good men and women and teens and seniors and even kids to believe him for the miraculous. Will you stand up and be that person. It won’t always be easy; but it will be worth it. I wouldn’t go back to what I had before for all the money in the world. This satisfies: Knowing Jesus intimately and walking victoriously in his promises. It’s awesome.