STEP BY STEP: DIVINE HEALING MADE SIMPLE : PART 1- TAKING BABY STEPS TO LEARN TO WALK -66a
HEAR IS WHAT I MEAN BY STEP BY STEP
“LEARNING HOW TO GET THAT FIRST SMALL VICTORY UNDER YOUR BELT; THEN BIGGER AND BIGGER VICTORIES”
Hebrews 5:11-14 (ESV)
11 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,
13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child.
14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
1. Here is an illustration that may help you
I remember my home church I went to when I was in Bible College at North Central University in Minneapolis. There was a couple who had a young child that was about eighteen to twenty months old. I tried to interact with him. Then his dad said that even though he was old enough and was big and strong enough he couldn’t walk yet. He just crawled. There was nothing wrong with him. Then I began to observe him and his parents. His mom carried him everywhere. I guess the expression really fit here “she babied him” so he didn’t have to learn to walk. There was nothing wrong with the little guy. He was begin held back by his parent’s actions.
· So, what is the moral of this story?
· Don’t be co-dependent. Sometimes, you need to quit depending on others and learn to take your own steps. This little guy couldn’t but you can.
· If you let someone else do the walking for you will always be dependent on them and let’s be honest there are some things people can’t do the walking for you
· Now don’t get me wrong There is a place for HELP at first when it comes to Divine Healing. You need someone to teach you the basics. You need encouragement. You may need someone with the gift of healing if you only have a short-time to live.
2. Spiritual Deafness You have become dull of hearing
· Remember when Jesus often said He that has ears to hear
· I am so thankful for those that are responding to the teaching God has given me.
· I always wondered why everyone doesn’t jump at what I have to say.
· I know that some aren’t believers
· I know that others don’t really believe in the miraculous
· But I was surprised by those who do believe in the miraculous and didn’t buy into this
· I think these verses really nails it: Some are spiritually deaf: Why from being naturally minded for so long.
· I think there have been some who have mis- represented Divine Healing (Shame on them)
· I think some have just tried it out (Divine Healing) and didn’t realize this takes a long- term commitment
3. What causes Spiritual Deafness(Blindness)
· Romans 8:6 (Being Carnally Minded-Naturally Minded)
· To be carnally minded (of the five senses only)
· Everything you do is in the natural (You get sick you go to the doctor-Divine Healing is not a real possibility for you)
· I am not condemning people in this situation
· This is how I lived and functioned as a Christian for 29 years. But not anymore.
· So, if you want to start walking in Divine Healing the first thing is to make that take that step and make a choice for Jesus to wean off from someone else carrying you; so, you can learn to walk for yourself
· You have to do it according to what the Bible says not your or someone else opinion.
Folks, we have missed the boat when it comes to Divine Healing.
· And while I am at it I want to put in a plug for what I am teaching on next week. Do we have the wrong model for getting God to move?
· Join me for the next two segments as we learn to ride a bike and drive a car by taking even bigger steps