STEP BY STEP: DIVINE HEALING MADE SIMPLE -PART 2- TAKING BIGGER STEPS TO LEARN TO RIDE A BIKE -67a
HERE IS WAHT I MEAN BY TAKING STEP BY STEP
“LEARNING HOW TO GET THAT FIRST SMALL VICTORY UNDER YOUR BELT; THEN BIGGER AND BIGGER VICTORIES”
Hebrews 5:11-14 (ESV)
11 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,
13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child.
14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
1. LEARNING HOW TO RIDE A BIKE
One of our boys had a hard time learning to ride a bike. He had built up this fear. I kept trying to teach him and it was just a frustrating experience for both of us. I felt bad for him. He was six years old and most his age had learned one to two years earlier. He brother kind of made fun of him saying “What are you gonna do when all your friends are riding a bike and you can’t. Leave it to older brothers to put it into perspective. They always have the right word. In response to his brother’s words he said “Daddy, I don’t need to learn to ride a bike, I can run alongside the others.” Then of course the comment came forth from a familiar source his older brother “How long can do that before you pass out? So, we went in house and his Aunt proceeded to teach him out to ride a bike and ride it good within a half-hour.
2. So, what is the moral of the story?
Sometimes you need someone who is gifted in an area to come along side you to help you to the next level. Everyone is different. Some need just a little boost; others need a lot of help
3. When I teach on the basic of healing I use three Bible Stories.
These stories show the different levels of faith (for some they are able to start at a certain level for most it is a progression)
· The man who saw men walking as trees at first.
Jesus had to practically do everything for him
· Then there’s the man with the epileptic son
He was on the fence and he cried out to Jesus to help his 50/50 faith “I believe Lord; please help my unbelief.” Jesus did
· Then you have the woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5.
She had developed her faith. She didn’t need anyone’s help; she was going to knock everyone down like bowling pins if she had to touch Jesus and be healed.
4. You must begin small and act
James 2:20 (KJV)
20 that faith without works is dead
Be a doer not just a hearer
*****Start with a cold or a headache
5. You must be faithful in little to be ruler of much
Matthew 25:23 (KJV)
23 Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things
*****If you can’t overcome a cold you won’t beat cancer with your own faith you will have to have the help of someone who knows what they are doing.
6. Everyone wants to walk on water, but most won’t get out of the boat.
· Remember Peter-he walked on water-not perfectly, but he was willing to get out of the boat
· Where were the other disciples-clinging to the safety of the boat THAT WAS POSSIBLE SINKING-because I am sure it was filling with water.
· Yet we hang on to traditions and safety nets that don’t work out of fear
7. So, if you want to go from walking to riding a bike you must get on the bike and work through the spills and skinned knees