WHICH WORD DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND OF?- ***IT-IS-FINISHED***
Everything is accomplished/Past tense (Divine Healing/etc.)
This is the first of three Short Teachings tonight that can change your life and they are connected
John 19:28-30 (ESV)
28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.”
29 A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Those words It is finished in the Greek means: from (telos); to end, i.e. complete, execute, conclude, discharge (a debt) :- accomplish, make an end, expire, fill up, finish, go over, pay, perform.
Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.
Let’s look at those three Words: IT-IS-FINISHED
1. IT=referring to Jesus Mission
· What was Jesus mission?-
John 3:16-17 (ESV)
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
John 12:32-33 (ESV)
32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
33 He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. (It was by the cross)
· His mission was to save those who would receive him
2. IS-refers to the present tense (meaning now)
· Do you realize that everything after this present tense action would be past tense?
· I Peter 2:24 is just one verse that says, “by whose stripes you were healed” (Past tense) (It is already done and provided for us and ours for the taking.
3. FINISHED=having completed or ended an action or an activity (in this case both)
· Do you realize that no person could go to heaven and have a personal relationship like we have and awesome benefits to boot until the mission was accomplished by Jesus on the Cross?
4. Check out some of those benefits:
Psalm 103:1-5 (ESV)
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, (you have a benefit package just like at work)
3 who forgives all your iniquity (all you sins), who heals all your diseases, (He is the cure for cancer and everything else)
4 who redeems your life from the pit, (you don’t have to go to hell or paridise which wasn’t hell but it sure wasn’t heaven-you get to go to heaven and hang out with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords Jesus)who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, (He puts his love in you and mercy: which is not getting what you deserve for the rest of your life)
5 who satisfies you with good (he is the one that give you good gifts not makes you sick) so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Wasn’t the theme song for Rocky “Gonna fly now”? Guess what yours is more than a song. You are going to soar in him and this life
I am experiencing these things the last few years. All of them. I had never experienced them before, but I am now, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.